Mission Statement: To provide food and support to our neighbors in need in partnership with the communities of the White Bear Area.
Vision Statement: To end food insecurity in the White Bear Area.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: The White Bear Area Food Shelf embraces differences and commonalities across race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, religion, age, and social economic class. We welcome and celebrate the unique contributions Volunteers, Staff and Board members bring to the food shelf. We offer them opportunities and inspiration to support our mission and work, and encourage all to share their unique perspectives, ideas, and life experiences.
• We promote an accepting and welcoming environment for our neighbors in need.
• We serve our neighbors in a compassionate and respectful manner.
• We provide our neighbors with the opportunity to make their own healthy food choices.
• We recognize our success is reliant upon active and broad-based community support.
• We leverage the financial generosity of our community to responsibly produce the greatest positive impact for our neighbors in need.
• Volunteers are the backbone of our operation. We recognize the importance of providing fun and rewarding opportunities in which the community can give back in a meaningful way.