As winter approaches and COVID-19 remains a concern in our world, we at The White Bear Area Food Shelf want to continue to provide healthy food to our neighbors while ensuring the well-being and safety of our neighbors, volunteers, and our community. On Monday, November 2, we will be switching our model of food distribution from a Drive-Thru to a Curbside Pick-Up. This change will include providing more choice in food selections to our neighbors while moving some of our operations indoors.
Our new Curbside Pick-Up Hours, starting in November, will be:
- Monday & Tuesday: 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
All are welcome and no appointment is needed to visit our Curbside Pick-Up! Here’s the process we will follow:
- Neighbors will be greeted when they arrive at the Food Shelf, given an order form for their food selections, and asked to park in one of the designated spots.
- When the food order form is complete, please turn on your hazard lights to signify this, and a volunteer will pick up your form.
- Your order will be fulfilled indoors and brought out to your car. We are asking neighbors to load their own groceries in order to maintain social distancing for everyone. If assistance is needed, please just let us know.
- Please push your cart back up to our building before leaving.
The Food Shelf will be CLOSED on October 29 and 30 to prepare for the new model. We appreciate your patience as we make these adjustments to our food distribution process!