The White Bear Area Emergency Food Shelf (WBAEFS) has served as a critical resource for families experiencing food insecurity since 1977. Our mission is to provide food and support to our neighbors in need in partnership with the communities of the White Bear Area. Over the past four decades, the organization has grown and improved its traditional food shelf programming in addition to creating new and innovative services to better meet the needs of families struggling to make ends meet. Our vision is to end food insecurity in the White Bear Area.
The Market Coordinator will lead onsite market programs that are inviting and resonant for shoppers from all walks of life. The Market Coordinator will question, reflect, and adapt while working alongside a dedicated crew of staff and volunteers. This person will infuse a spirit of positivity into each day.
- Lead the onsite Choice Market to create a welcoming, calm atmosphere for shoppers of all backgrounds
- Coordinate, supervise, and train market shift volunteers
- Create an engaging, positive experience for volunteers in a fast-paced environment
- Work alongside Food Systems Coordinator to ensure food options match shopper needs
- Supervise the Emergency Program Assistant thru December
Flexible schedule required. Typically Monday-Friday | Two nights a week
- Strong commitment to the mission of the White Bear Area Emergency Food Shelf in our drive to provide healthy, choice-based experiences for all neighbors struggling with food insecurity
- A team player that embodies three virtues: humility, hunger, and people smarts
- Capacity to meet the daily challenges of a physically demanding position (e.g. repeated lifting of over 50 pounds, on your feet majority of the day, pallet jack operation, maneuvering of heavily loaded carts)
- Dynamic individual who thrives in high-energy settings that call for flexibility and on-your-feet problem solving
- Person of high integrity who can successfully communicate and receive ideas, questions, and challenges in a highly team-based work environment
- Enjoys working with many types of people and serving a diverse community
- Strong work ethic, takes initiative, self-directed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work includes operating in all kinds of weather
- One to two years of nonprofit, warehouse, grocery store, or retail experience
- Bilingual – English and Spanish preferred
$16-$18/hour. Benefits package includes PTO, Health Care, and Simple IRA.
Submit resume and cover letter to Perry Petersen, Executive Director at email@example.com by August 7, 2020.