The White Bear Area Emergency Food Shelf is now accepting applications for a Volunteer Coordinator!
The White Bear Area Emergency Food Shelf (WBAEFS) has served as a critical resource for families experiencing food insecurity since 1977. Our mission is to provide food and support to our neighbors in need in partnership with the communities of the White Bear Area. Over the past four decades, the organization has grown and improved its traditional food shelf programming in addition to creating new and innovative services to better meet the needs of families struggling to make ends meet. Our vision is to end food insecurity in the White Bear Area.
Full-time, Non-Exempt (32-40 hours)
- Interviews and orientates all prospective and new volunteers.
- Recruits, trains, and coordinates the scheduling of Food Shelf volunteers in collaboration with the staff team. Ensures consistent communication with volunteers including setting clear expectations and recognition.
- Supervises the market volunteers.
- Coordinates and oversees one-time volunteer groups (e.g. corporate groups, community groups).
- Recruits, trains, and manages scheduling for ongoing volunteer groups on Friday Sort, Bonus Saturday, Free Farmers Markets, and Mobile Markets.
- Updates volunteer records to ensure all volunteers are up to date and in compliance with current policies and procedures. Maintains the Volunteer Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Plans and coordinates the annual volunteer recognition event.
- Oversees the recruiting, interviewing, onboarding and reporting related to interns.
- Responsible for daily social media updates and supervises each site (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Oversees the website and ensures it is current and user friendly.
- Overseas the creation and distribution of the volunteer and agency newsletter.
- Develops and implements internal and external communication for community events and fundraisers.
- Enjoys working with people
- Enjoys serving a diverse community
- High energy, integrity, work ethic
- Flexible, adaptable, and a problem solver
- Takes initiative, self-directed
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Can lift heavy items (up to 50 pounds)
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Two or more years of nonprofit experience
Two or more years of volunteer coordination
Bilingual-English and Spanish preferred
College degree preferred
Flexible schedule required. Typical Hours: M-W-F 8am-3pm, T-TH 11am-7:30pm, Saturdays one or two times a month 7:30am-1pm
$16-$18/hour. Benefit package includes PTO, Health Care, and Simple IRA.
Submit resume and cover letter to Perry Petersen, Executive Director at email@example.com.